Inquires should be directed to Lieutenant Antonio Granata at email@example.com.
Are you interested in attending the 2021 Citizen Police Academy? Click the button below to apply! We look forward to getting to know you!
Participants must be a resident of the Town of Fairfield and must be at least 18 years of age at the start of the program.
The Fairfield Police Department’s Citizen Police Academy (CPA) aims to provide Fairfield residents with a better understanding of the law enforcement profession and the roles a police officer fulfills within the community. The CPA is designed to inform participants about the wide-range of services provided by the Police Department and to offer an inside look at Fairfield’s law enforcement operations and personnel. It is a fun and interactive way to educate residents and develop positive relations with them. The Citizen Police Academy is just one part of the Department’s constant effort to build community support, cooperation, and understanding.
The Citizen Police Academy is a 12-week program designed to get a glimpse at life within the Police Department. It provides deep insight into the relationship between law enforcement and the community it serves. The comprehensive curriculum includes a wide array of topics and presentations across all Divisions of the Department. Curriculum topics include:
- History of the Fairfield Police Department and a Review of the Current Structure of the Agency
- A Tour of the Police Facilities
- Field Services Overview
- Patrol Division
- Emergency Services Unit / Crisis Negotiation
- Crisis Intervention
- K9 Unit
- Investigation Division
- Burglary Investigations
- Crime Scene Processing
- Cyber Crimes / Scams
- Cold Cases
- Patrol Division
- Special Services Overview
- School Safety Unit
- Marine Unit
- Dive Team
- Traffic Safety & Crash Investigation
- Administrative Services Overview
- Emergency Communications Center
- Hiring and Training Standards/Procedures
- Internal Affairs / Professional Standards
- Body & Dash Cameras
- Current Events Surrounding Law Enforcement
- Critical Incident Management
- Practical, hands on experience with Firearms, Defensive Tactics and Traffic Stops.