Page Header Here
The Fairfield Police K9 Unit was established in 2010, after the approval from the Chief of Police, First Selectman and Board of Police Commissioners. The K9 Unit does not replace a Police Officer, but serves as a valuable tool in combating and deterring crime. It is often the determining factor in conducting a search or achieving a peaceful arrest.
Use of Police Canines
The K9 Unit may be used for the following incidents:
- Building searches
- Tracking and searching for missing persons, suspects or evidence
- Apprehension of criminal suspects
- Narcotic raids and searches
- Crowd control for violent and/or unruly crowds
- Handler & Officer Protection
The Fairfield Police Department K-9 Unit is entirely funded by corporate and private donations from the community.
Click any of the team names below to learn more about them!
K9 Jagger & Officer Wells
K9 Trace & Officer Bakula
K9 Bolt & Officer Ardizzone