FAIRFIELD — Chief Christopher Lyddy announces that the Fairfield Police Department is currently recruiting for Entry Level and Certified Police Officers.
The department is currently accepting applications for both positions. Applicants who are certified police officers must be in good standing with their respective agencies. The Town of Fairfield is participating in the Connecticut Police Chiefs Association’s testing consortium as an initial screening for application.
Click here for complete details on the positions, and to apply. The deadline to apply for the position is Feb. 27, 2021.
The following qualifications must be met prior to employment as a police officer with the Fairfield Police Department:
- Applicant must be a United States Citizen
- Applicant must be 21 years of age
- Applicant must be a high school graduate (or have passed a recognized General Educational Development Test).
- Possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license
Applicants must also successfully pass the following:
- Connecticut Police Chiefs Association written exam with a score of 70%
- Physical Agility – obtain a C.H.I.P card with a 40% percentile passing score (C.H.I.P. test must be competed by Sept. 21)
- Oral Board Examination
- Preliminary interview and assessment
- Interview with the Board of Police Commissioners
- Polygraph examination
- Psychological examination
- Medical examination/drug screen
- Extensive background investigation
- Any other tests as may be determined
- After six months of employment, individuals must reside within Connecticut and within a 50-mile radius of the Town of Fairfield
Benefits of the Entry Level and Certified Police Officer positions include:
- Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield medical and prescription plan
- Dental and Optical plan
- Life Insurance
- Retirement package after 25 years of service
- Military buy back
- College incentive pay and tuition reimbursement
- 12 Paid Holidays, seven paid vacation days after six months of employment, 14 paid vacation days after 12 months of employment
- Shift differential pay/annual clothing allowance, plus uniform trade in.
The Town of Fairfield is an equal-opportunity employer.