The Fairfield Police Department is proud to announce the launch of the FAIRFIELD POLICE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH NETWORK (FPBHN):
The FPBHN will meet quarterly to discuss trending issues, current best practices, available joint-training opportunities, debrief on shared investigations, and to continually evaluate how they can better serve their communities, and each other, when responding to incidents involving behavioral health.
This collaborative effort will be driven by Field Services Bureau Captain Edward Weihe, Crisis Intervention/Patrol Lieutenant Jason Kline, and Crisis Intervention/Patrol Officer Lance Newkirchen, in partnership with representatives from the following agencies:
- Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS)
- Greater Bridgeport Community Mental Health Center (GBCMHC)
- Child and Family Guidance Center (CFGC)
- Mobil Crisis Intervention Services (MCIS)
- Operation Hope
- Fairfield Senior/Social Services
Fairfield residents with questions about the program or inquiries regarding services and resources are encouraged to reach out by emailing FPBHN@fairfieldct.org.