OFFICER ROBERT KNAPP NAMED OFFICER OF THE QUARTER BEGINNING APRIL 15, 2022!
On March 7, 2022, all the Lieutenants and Sergeants of the Patrol Division met, and after careful deliberation, unanimously selected Officer Robert Knapp as Officer of the Quarter (OOQ) for the period of April 15, 2022 to July 14, 2022. Officer Knapp has displayed the following traits for this prestigious recognition:
• Personality – Officer Knapp since joining the department has been known to be reliable and dependable on any assigned shift. He has developed a great working relationship with his peers and supervisors alike. Officer Knapp has shown determination and persistence with the way he is driven to see his investigations to completion. His reliability and compassion with citizens are a true testament to Officer Knapp’s character.
• Attitude – Officer Knapp always shows up for work upbeat and ready for any assignment placed upon him. He is always volunteering to take on additional assignments and goes out of his way to assist other officers. Officer Knapp always tries to be a positive role model and do the job the right way. Off Knapp’ willingness to take on tasks and challenge himself makes him a valuable asset for the direct supervisors.
• Fitness and Appearance – Officer Knapp is able to keep himself physically fit despite juggling full time police work and an active family life. He shows up every day looking prepared and ready for duty.
• Initiative – Officer Knapp has a number of positive personality traits that allow him to be the asset he is. Off Knapp tries to take the initiative on all of his investigations, as he is always hesitant to hand cases off as he looks to pursue them as far as he can take them. Officer Knapp is very knowledgeable and is able to complete his investigations with little supervision. He puts in for numerous training classes to expand his knowledge and further his career as an officer. Officer Knapp has also requested an FTO position to take on a greater leadership role within the organization.
• Job Proficiency – Officer Knapp had a great deal of experience working in the City of Bridgeport, but he has grown tremendously as an officer since he has joined this department. He has put in a consistent level of police work since joining the force and has continuously challenged himself. He has a thorough understanding of motor vehicle and criminal law and knows how to apply it accordingly. Officer Knapp has a strong ability when it comes to interacting with citizens and displays true empathy during his investigations. He is detail oriented and takes great pride in his work.
The Officer of the Quarter program is in place to recognize officers who understand, embrace, support, and further the Fairfield Police Department’s mission to “Make Fairfield Safer”.
It is our pleasure to present Officer Robert Knapp with the Officer of the Quarter Award.