The Administrative Services Bureau is responsible for the management of the internship program including application and coordination of the student’s schedules.
- All students considered for an internship must be at least eighteen (18) years old and in good academic standing with their college or university.
- Students interested in an internship with the Fairfield Police must submit a letter from the their College Internship Coordinator detailing the institution’s policy on participation in an internship program and verifying the the student has been approved to receive credit for the internship opportunity and is in good academic standing.
- Students must earn college credits for their work in the internship with their respective schools.
- All applicants will be required to submit to and pass a background investigation.
- Preference will be given to Fairfield residents.
- Fairfield Police Internship Application
- Signed Liability Waiver
- Signed Confidentiality Agreement
- Fairfield Police Authorization for Release of Personal Information Form which includes authorization to obtain consumer/investigative credit reports
- An updated resume
- A Personal Statement
- A Verification letter from your College Internship Coordinator.
The deadlines for submitting internship applications are as follows:
- Spring Semester: Application must be received by November 15th.
- Summer Semester: Application must be received by April 1st.
- Fall Semester: Application must be received by August 15th.
All inquiries should be directed to:
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE